Friday, December 30, 2011

My First Post

I never thought I would actually see this day.  Tricia has been encouraging me to blog for a while now, and today is the day I decided to walk the plank and take the plunge into the wide world of blogging.  At this point, I have no idea how often I will post.  I have friends who blog often and some that blog every now and then.  It is interesting to see a post begin to form in Tricia's mind.  I can always tell when a "post is coming on".

This past summer our teenagers attended Fort Bluff Camp in Dayton, Tennessee.  One of the first messages that we heard that week spoke to my heart very deeply.  The preacher was talking about what it means to truly follow Jesus Christ.  Preaching from Luke 14, he said that to be a true follower of Christ you had to love Jesus more than People, Possessions, or Places.  When we returned from camp, I continued to study this theme.  My Pastor told me about a book called Not a Fan written by Kyle Idleman.  The book has challenged me deeply and caused me to examine my Christian walk.  I look forward to sharing more about the book in future posts.

For now, let me encourage you to examine your love for Jesus Christ.  Do you love People more than you love Christ?  Do you love Possessions more than you love Christ?  Do you love Places more than you love Christ?  Our desire as a family is to be completely devoted followers of Christ.  That is why this blog is entitled Simply Follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment